Greetings fellow cycling enthusiasts!
It seems fitting that the high temperature today is not slated to break zero degrees fahrenheit here in Grand Forks and I’m sending this message out to announce the second year of UND Cycling’s infamous Bikecicle race (that’s bike+icicle, doncha know). The details are below and on the attached flyer:
Saturday, February 12th 2011
Registration: Online or at The Blue Moose, East Grand Forks, MN from 12:00-1:15 PM
2 lap race starts at 1:30
3 lap race starts at 2:30
Prizes two deep for all categories, plus prize for best costume
ALL the info: http://www.und.edu/org/cycling/Bikecicle.html
– We’re running a sanctioned USA Cycling race this year, but even though the race categories may look a little odd, rest assured that anyone who wants to race either distance will be able to, and you will not need to buy a USAC license.
– Also new this year is online pre-registration through the USA Cycling website. See http://www.und.edu/org/cycling/Bikecicle.html for a link to online registration instructions. All online fees will be covered by UND Cycling.
– We’re working on getting shirts to include with registration or to sell for a small fee. More details as we get closer to February.
– Interested in volunteering? Reply to this message and let us know! We need course marshals and registration assistance.
Wishing everyone safe travels, and especially pulling for anyone going to compete in the Arrowhead 135 at the end of the month!
– Matt Burton-Kelly
UND Cycling Race/Event Coordinator
PS. Remember the other events going on in the near future:
– Sunday, January 30th in Fargo: B-B-BRRR Winter Classic in Fargo, ND (http://www.gncycles.com/)
– Saturday, February 26th in Grand Forks: Extreme North Dakota Iceman Triathlon in Grand Forks, ND (http://www.endracing.com/p/end-it.html)